paulkienitz
paulkienitz Veteran Member • Posts: 5,417
Re: The intriguing question

Roland Karlsson wrote:

AntonD wrote:

Roland Karlsson wrote:

What is Pentax doing?

That's a good question.

Has anyone ever seen a Pentax video, mini-website or 'product story' highlighting the AF features of their cameras, especially AF-C and tracking?

A quick scan of what's online shows that even the product pages on the Ricoh web site for the K-3, K-1 etc bury camera AF as a feature, not as important as pixel shift or even astro-tracer.

This is in striking contrast to Nikon or Sony, who make AF performance a big story and a key selling point of their cameras.

Yes, they are obviously uninterested in good AF.

For me personally it is OK if Pentax do not try to make sports cameras.

I only want to be able to take sharp images of people that not are standing still and other rather mundane stuff. Nothing excessive for me.

That does tend to bite people like me... when I bought into Pentax I was thinking of myself as mainly a landscape guy.  It was in the first few years of having the K10D that I discovered a new photographic interest in birding, which I was completely new to at the time.  I could not have anticipated at the time I was making the purchasing decision, that I was going to start wanting high performance autofocus.

-- hide signature --

"A good photograph is knowing where to stand." -- Ansel

paulkienitz's gear list:paulkienitz's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow