D5 v D850

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
londonshooter Regular Member • Posts: 146
D5 v D850

At moment im using D4 and got many primes and decent Nikon Glass inc a 200 F2 . I mainly shoot street photography and landscapes abit of wildlife but not alot. Im in the fortunate postion to consider upgrading to either a D850 with a grip or a D5 which ive seen a few with pretty low shutter counts. I couldnt justify a new one. And i wouldnt even consider a D6 beyond my reach. For those that have been in similar situation etc any advice pointers etc please. Anything that gets printed i send off and get done. If i did get a D5 the D4 would be sold on If i got a D850 i may well keep the D4 which still only has a shutter count of under 50k. Ive got dercent computer to handly the file sizes etc of the 850. On the bit of wildlife i have done i just think the D4 doesnt have enough for heavy cropping etc. We have wetlands near here with many birds etc and im quite getting into photographing them but the D4 lacks the abilty to allow heavy cropping. I also shoot quite abit in The studio with models etc. In time id like the 500 F5.6 as well. Ive got a 85 1.4g which is the most used on the D4 along with the 14 24 and my 70 200 2.8 vr2.

I realise these cameras are totally different kettles of fish but i just want to hear peoples input thoughts etc.

Nikon D4 Nikon D5 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow