Closed eyes of birds

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DAP MV
DAP MV Contributing Member • Posts: 635
Closed eyes of birds

I decided to go to the park to take a few pictures of the birds.

The walk turned out to be a disaster. Very sharp sun (the weather forecast said something about cloudy weather with possible rain...), crowd of people (maybe I missed it, guys; is the pandemic over already?!), people scaring the birds away, and, on top of everything, the quick release on my tripod broke (supposedly genuine Manfrotto!), and I lost the gimbal head rail--I had not noticed that it had fallen off, and later I could not find it.

So, in the end, I did not end up taking too many of pictures. But during the post processing I noticed that there was a leitmotif (kind of) in the set of pictures I had taken: closed eyes of birds...

Night heron sleeping. There was a lot of them on the other side of the canal, far from people, sleeping, and not giving a damn.

Avocet, either itchy, or grooming . Anyway, closed eyes indicated that the bird was finding pleasure in whatever it was doing.

Mmmmm... So good that I have to close my eyes during eating! (Turkey vulture, and, of course, anthropomorphizing.)

-- hide signature --

Darius

DAP MV's gear list:DAP MV's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P1000 Nikon Coolpix P950
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow