Agitation. constant vs Intermittent. Opinions

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Olympuse20 Junior Member • Posts: 44
Re: Agitation. constant vs Intermittent. Opinions

wow some great responses.  has been helpful.

The LabBox got me into developing my own Black & White with 120 film.  Very easy to use  no dark bag or room needed to load film on reel..works very well.

using the constant agitation method 300ml in tank at 80 for 3 mins.  I find the Ilford HP5 and FP4 to work well with this developer . Scanning with Canon R5 and 100mm Macro L.  Grain is very fine with both Ilfords almost not noticeable with the FP4 125  .  the Tri-X grain is very apparent with list lens.

Tri X is visually more contrasty looks  sharper when view at a normal distance but when zoomed in there is a loss in edge details.

Ilford HP5 much finer sharp edge details but doesn't have the same contrast look at normal view distance unless you pump up the Clarity in Lightroom  which visually gives the same look as Tri X  without effecting the visual grain as seen in Tri X

Going to try the intermittent method and see how the HP5 responds

heard the Ilford Delta 400 has the contrast of TRI X and the fine detail of FP4. going to use this film with intermittent agitation with the cinestill 96 its takes twice as long to process it 8 min at 75 with full tank 500ml  way to long to keep spinning that handle

Mamiya 645 pro. 80mm 2.8.  HP5. shot at 2.8  1/60  with bounce flash off ceiling handheld

Olympuse20's gear list:Olympuse20's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II Canon 70-200 F2.8L III Canon RF 50mm F1.2L USM +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow