Need help replacing PaS camera

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
I2K4
I2K4 Senior Member • Posts: 1,227
Re: Need help replacing PaS camera

Others can advise you on top tier smartphone cameras, I'd just recommend - especially after owning sophisticated cameras - that you put thought into your personal habits and preferences for a "hiking camera", in particular a) computational HDR algorithms as with iPhone and Pixel versus less conventional lens and sensor configurations / manual controls / DNG / post-processing, b) shooting without an EVF or directional (flip out) screen, and c) battery battery battery given the screen drain and multifunctional (including emergency communication and geolocation) uses of the phone. Personally, a decent phone as a camera always in hand is great, but that's not the same as a good compact on the order of your Sony or Canon G series for a planned photographic outing of many hours and many shots. Setting optics and viewfinders aside, without either a swappable battery or a battery case, phones can be very limiting or heavy on compensating paraphernalia.

I2K4's gear list:I2K4's gear list
Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow