Photoshop Sky Replacement and Reflections Trick

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Chris Sargent
OP Chris Sargent Senior Member • Posts: 1,180
Re: Photoshop Sky Replacement and Reflections Trick

Graham Meale wrote:

One way to tell whether a reflection is fraudulent is to see whether it's a precise reflection with identical perspective. Look at an actual reflection and you'll see it's slightly different. The distant hills, vegetation etc would align differently if you were on the water.

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to label an edit as fraudulent.. but I do have opinions regarding honesty when posting images that have been 'enhanced' - I came across a 500px gallery today full of images with Luminar 4 flocks of birds, stock sunsets and lightning strikes. No effort on the photographer's part to explain the 'artistic' process or correct any of the effusive comments to the images..

If an image is posted with the title 'Storm Coming' that has Lighting added then that is a little dishonest IMO

-- hide signature --
 Chris Sargent's gear list:Chris Sargent's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow