17-28/85 combo (instead of 35/85)?

Started Nov 4, 2020 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JakeTheOne New Member • Posts: 13
17-28/85 combo (instead of 35/85)?

I was a 35/85 shooter before the pandemic and since the industry is going downhill I was wondering if replacing 35 with a Tamron 17-28 (16-35 in the future depending on how the situation will look like) is a good way to go.

Many people recommend 24-70 (or 28-75) 2.8 for its versatility as an alternative for 35 but I borrowed both Sigma and Tamron and having 85mm lens on the second body I ended up taking 80% of the photos in 24-30mm range.

I never had anything wider than 24mm so I still wonder if this is the right path... I feel that having a wide zoom could open other fields of photography for me, like landscapes, astro, interiors, etc. in case wedding industry would stay the way it is right now.

I know I would miss a fast 35 but too often I felt the needed for something either a little wider or a little narrower. That is why I plan to get 45mm in the future to complement the set.

PS1. 24mm GM is out of my budget (same with 16-35).
PS2. I don't consider Sony or Sigma 16-24 since I think those 2mm at one end would benefit me more than 1mm on a wider end in event photography.

JakeTheOne's gear list:JakeTheOne's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sigma 135mm F1.8 Art Sony FE 35mm F1.8 Sigma 85mm F1.4 DG GN
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow