What is the best way to store cameras?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
alcelc
alcelc Forum Pro • Posts: 14,925
Depends on your specific condition

For gear which will be used regularly, just keep them clean should be alright. The following is just for long unused gear.

Are you living in a dry or wet region. If a dry region having relative humidity not higher than 30~40% all year round, any where will be alright except looking for the dust. Might be inside a closet/drawer to reduce dust removal job?

If you are living in a humid zone, better watch for the risk of fungus. A RH controlled environment would be needed, specially for not often use gear. e.g., air-tight box having desiccant inside and replace it regularly, or use an electronic dry cabinet etc.

I myself am struggling on the battery issue for long unused cameras. The internal battery of a camera can be depelted and died if the battery had been taken out for a long time. The consequence is system day and time reset on every power up. To some models it might even reset the customizations. On another hand, there could be a risk on battery leakage which can kill the camera. Not really sure what to do. At the time being I have keep battery inside cameras, and keep the battery charged. So far so good.

-- hide signature --

Albert
** Please feel free to download the original image I posted here and edit it as you like **

alcelc's gear list:alcelc's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic G85 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow