Lightroom v Lightroom Classic & Storage issues

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gezzamondo
gezzamondo Forum Member • Posts: 99
Lightroom v Lightroom Classic & Storage issues

I need some help with Adobe & Lightroom

I recently made the switch to using Lightroom CC from Lightroom Classic and i'm storing all new photos in the cloud where i have 100gb storage with Adobe

On the Adobe cloud I already have 30gb worth of photos stored but Lightroom seems to be storing double that (60gb) on my laptop in library files, how is that even possible?

I'm considering moving back to Lightroom classic for the following reasons…

• I won’t have double the storage amount of my photos on the laptop unnecessary
  • I’d be able to run/store everything on a 1TB HD without having to pay £282 for additional cloud storage

Some questions.

Q - Does anyone think that moving back to Lightroom Classic would be a mistake?

Q - Is it easy to migrate photos from Lightroom CC into Classic keep the folder & album structures i set up

Q - Would i be able to initially upload a new photos to Lightroom CC so i could edit them on the go and then transfer them over to Lightroom Classic for storage and any future changes

The only negative thing i can see from it would be not being able to edit on my tablet and have it automatically synced with the laptop

gezzamondo's gear list:gezzamondo's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T6s Sony a7 III Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 10-18mm F4.5–5.6 IS STM +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow