Want to add 2 lenses for my Sony a7riii

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TravelMore
TravelMore Regular Member • Posts: 301
Want to add 2 lenses for my Sony a7riii

I mostly shoot wildlife (safari) , some landscapes and buildings.  For my a7riii, I have the Sony FE 100-400 which pretty much lives on the camera.  Occasionally I take out my 85mm 1.8.

I have an A6000 with the 16-70 f4 and the 10-18 f4.  I hardly take this camera out and use it mostly for backup in a safari vehicle.  Considering selling it and going it for a 2nd full frame to simplify lens selection. (OR could just rent another riii when going on safari - it's easier when the menus are all the same).

I would like to have a shorter zoom.  I'm thinking the 24-70 f2.8?  Sometimes I consider the 70-200 2.8 then  24-105 but that would overlap a lot with my existing lens.

I also want to get a macro lens for close ups of flowers, etc.  Love the botanical garden and I've been giving pictures to friends as gifts.  I'll listen to all recommendations here.

THX in advance.

-- hide signature --

~TM

TravelMore's gear list:TravelMore's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony a7R III Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM +2 more
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow