iPad Pro - a new future for my hobby

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Andy Hewitt Veteran Member • Posts: 4,335
Re: iPad Pro - a new future for my hobby

P Harg wrote:

Thank you all for the information.

Currently mine is on my iMac as I have enough space.

I am debating with myself (!) about moving to iCloud and getting a smallish capacity iPad, vs getting a 512Mb iPad and just sync everything with a wire.

Yes, it’s all choices, and of course personal to our own needs.

I have the 12.9” iPad Pro with 512GB, which is more then sufficient for my needs. I keep the images on the cloud, as my library is 600GB. But the 2TB iCloud option is reasonable in cost, and gives us a lot of future proofing for myself and the wife.

I always intend to copy masters to an external drive, or two, even when I no longer have the iMac.

Currently my photos are on 5 disk drives, and two cloud systems. Although that will change a little when I finally cease my Lightroom sub.

For me having everything on the cloud is very convenient, as it allows me the options I like to view images on many devices (iMac, iPad, iPhone and AppleTV), and edit on at least two of those, and the album sharing is perfect for our family needs too.

-- hide signature --

Andy H

Andy Hewitt's gear list:Andy Hewitt's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow