Handheld Macro for XT-2

Started Nov 1, 2020 | Discussions thread
MPg1 Regular Member • Posts: 292
Re: Handheld Macro for XT-2

Ok you got advice about the very best macto lenses so I will suggest another way to approach the thing. I would try a closeup lens or extension tubes, I personally have a couple of old but nice Nikon closeup doublets, the 3T and 4T and manage to mount them on my 18-55 with a stepdown ring. Cheap items and very light to bring with you. Then I have a couple of meike extension tubes, also very cheap and light. I find them very useful with the 18-55, and you still have af and OIS... I cant say if OIS is any good as  I am more a tripod guy, but you can try for cheap and see.

I also have some nice macro lenses and my current preferred is the 105/2.8 AF Nikkor. If I have a particular macro project I will reach for them, but the closeup lenses and tubes live in my photo bag and are always with me. And I am often surprised by the results I get with that 18-55 lens you already have.

Good luck, Marco

MPg1's gear list:MPg1's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 J5 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GKN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow