GR III 'snapped'. Angry at Ricoh.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
FMohsin
FMohsin Senior Member • Posts: 1,589
GR III 'snapped'. Angry at Ricoh.

A rant...

My GR III has finally 'snapped'. The LCD screen will no longer turn on, therefore I have to content myself 'shooting in the dark'. Took out the battery and SD card, reinserted and restarted the camera several times. Same result. Days before, the wheel at the back was acting completely squirrely. Would jump up and down the menu  as if in a seizure whenever I tried to select the desired item (which was was mostly the ISO setting).

This is the second GR that has gone kaput. My GR II basically died earlier this year (completely unresponsive). Emailed Ricoh customer service back then but no response was received. I am very disappointed with Ricoh quality control. It is an expensive camera for what it offers esp. for such a poor life span. Made great pics but let down but poor manufacturing standards.

Granted I bought a refurbished product online on a sale directly from Ricoh, my other refurbished cameras and lens from Canon have not had a single defect in function or form to date.

Think I'm done with Ricoh!

FMohsin's gear list:FMohsin's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital II Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G15 Canon EOS 20D Olympus E-1 +22 more
Ricoh GR II Ricoh GR III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow