Grip for 90d

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
OP jvc1 Senior Member • Posts: 2,120
Re: Grip for 90d

Michael Thomas Mitchell wrote:

jvc1 wrote:

Can anyone recommend a third party battery grip for a Canon 90d? Some reviews I'm seeing say that some brands claim they'll work with a 90d but actually don't.

As a longtime 1D-series user, I've enjoyed the larger, surer handling of a grip-equipped body going all the way back to the original D30. For those older bodies, third-party grips were not really an option. But that changed by the 20D or so. Some are better than others. I only insisted on an OEM grip with the 7DII, and Canon's offers the same tough ruggedness as the 7DII itself; I couldn't bear adding plastic grip to such an outstanding, brick-like metal body. The 70D introduced a new grip model by Canon, and it remains the same through the 90D. I used a Vivitar grip for my 70D, which worked fine. It later also worked fine for the 80D, and I plan to use it for an upcoming 90D. However, with the 90D featuring even better battery life than the 80D, it may be of little need other than for handling.

Thanks for the reply.

-- hide signature --

I keep some of my favorite pictures here,
https://www.flickr.com/photos/129958940@N03/

jvc1's gear list:jvc1's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel SL2 Canon EOS 90D Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jp4
jp4
jp4
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow