Buying an XPro 1 today

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
Geekapoo
Geekapoo Senior Member • Posts: 2,565
Re: Buying an XPro 1 today

looneytongueben wrote:

Geekapoo wrote:

Aged LCD, slow AF-S, mediocre AF-C, archaic EVF..a definite pass IMO vs newer cameras. Ultimately, it depends on whether you find the limitations (vs today's gear) bothersome. Overall though, nice styling and loved the sensor/output.

I've only ever used a compact zoom before, so hopefully this is going to be a new experience. I think getting acquainted with the modes and dials is important and at a relatively cheap price. I'm also considering the XE-2 and X-T20 for improved sensor capabilities and improved EVF at a similar price. Would you have any thoughts about the usefulness of the OVF?

The camera, even with it's limitations vs today's tech is fun. The OVF is ok..for me, much preferred vs the XPRO1 EVF. There is one problem though, which is limited utility as it only works well with a select few lenses where you won't see the lens in the viewfinder or have such a long reach that only a very small portion of the OVF is utilized.

Geekapoo's gear list:Geekapoo's gear list
Sony RX100 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Sony RX10 IV Fujifilm X-T3 Sony a7R IV +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow