Sony 24-105 f4 G vs. Sony 24-70 f2.8 GM... flickr bias

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Malling Regular Member • Posts: 157
Re: Sony 24-105 f4 G vs. Sony 24-70 f2.8 GM... flickr bias

Why we should be looking at the overall IQ and not just sharpness, as it’s relatively easy with modern lens manufacturering techniques and materials to make sharp lenses. There is a reason behind Samyang and Tamron closing the gap on the OM in regards to sharpness.
I mostly buy lenses I know will work also in 5 or 10 years, I don’t care much about sharpness as most lenses above a certain price is plenty sharp.

There are allot of landscape photographers that has shifted to lighter gear of that reason alone.

If you’re a wedding photographer however it still make sense go buy those massive expensive native lenses as the overall rendering is often noticeable better, but Hiking with those lenses why would you do that, when you can get the job done with lighter gear.

one of the better examples is the Sony 1.8/85 it’s sharp little light lens, in regards to shapness there is very little difference between it and the GM, but the overall rendering is not nearly as nice as the GM and even the Sigmas. But it’s perfect if you’re going to travel with it, I would not want to travel with any GM portrait lens or Sigma for that matter.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow