Nikon Z7 vs EOS R vs Nikon Z6 for Landscape Photography,which is Best ?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
bobn2
bobn2 Forum Pro • Posts: 67,126
Re: Nikon Z7 vs EOS R vs Nikon Z6 for Landscape Photography,which is Best ?

Ranjit06 wrote:

I am planning to buy my first Full frame camera for Landscape photography, I am confused between z7,z6 and Eos R , I am confused please help me ?

I think the specification differences are insignificant enough in practice that it's not worth obsessing about. People have taken great landscapes with all those cameras, and none will let you down. There is an argument you want high pixel counts for landscapes, and all else being equal, the higher the pixel count the better. But really, all those cameras have high enough pixel counts to deliver great results.

It's worthwhile remembering that the lenses are as important, if not more important than the cameras. It might be worth thinking about the lenses you're liable to want, and how much you want to pay.

Nikon would offer you a zoom system at f/2.8 with the 14-24 and 24-70 lenses or at f/4 with the 14-30 and 24-70 lenses, or an f/1.8 prime system with lenses at 20, 24, 35, 50 and 85mm

Canon would offer you and f/2.8 zoom system with the 15-35 and 24-70. They don't presently have an f/4 UWA zoom, but can offer you a 24-105 at f/4. They can't either give you an f/1.8 prime system to match the Nikon. They have primes available at 35/1.8, 50 at f/1.2 and 85mm at f/2 and f/1.2.

So, I would think at the moment the Nikon has a more complete lens range available, but Canon will fill in the options fast, so unless you want to buy all at once, that might not be an issue. For the widest lens range immediately, you need a Sony.

But in the end, go for the one that appeals the most to you, even if it's illogical. You won't do badly with any of these choices.

-- hide signature --

Is it always wrong
for one to have the hots for
Comrade Kim Yo Jong?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow