Sony to Canon?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Steve W Veteran Member • Posts: 5,246
Re: consolidating vs comprising

Well for Sigma creating RF mount lenses from L mount versions should be straight forward since the flange's are both 20mm. The L-mount is actually only 51.6 mm vs the 54mm for the RF but I don't believe that is an issue at all (of course I maybe wrong).

I am not worried about the number of lenses. I worry about the two ends of the spectrum Canon is targeting. A great and expensive 50mm f/1.2L  and a 50mm f/1.8 STM I guess  is the latest example and I am sure the same now for the 85mm and will be for 35mm when the L version comes out. I like some others prefer quality and smooth focus and fast, silent, motors but the optics don't all have to be f/1.2 to be useful and easy to carry.

-- hide signature --

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe! - Words to live by. Albert Einstein

Steve W's gear list:Steve W's gear list
Sony a9 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T4 Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM +35 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow