Mitakon ZhongYi lens design adoption by other photo brands

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
yukosteel
OP yukosteel Regular Member • Posts: 265
Re: Mitakon ZhongYi lens design adoption by other photo brands

Tom Schum wrote:

Yes it has been interesting to see all the copycats out here recently. Maybe some are better; I don't know.

I bought the Mitakon 35mm F0.95 x mount manual lens a couple years ago, am well satisfied with it. It is sharp in the center when wide open and flat enough in field to be useful as a scene lens at F0.95 in low light or with a ND filter.

I don't feel a need to buy anything better or even possibly better. I did buy a Meike 35mm F1.4 manual x-mount lens just to get something a little bit smaller and lighter, but the image quality of the Mitakon cannot be beat, for those times when image quality and character really matter.

Here are a few Mitakon sample shots:

https://www.dpreview.com/galleries/1438043515/albums/mitakon-35mm-f0-95-ii

Yes it is very interesting to observe how lens are evolving over time though adopting or copying and improving.

I personally strongly agree about joy of use regarding Mitakon 35mm F0.95 II . Purchased my first sample shortly after its release, and few other samples later, and very much like image results with that lens. And here's the interesting point of other lens brands improving that lens by making it actually smaller and lighter and also less expensive, but using same lens formula to deliver what I had with Mitakon.

yukosteel's gear list:yukosteel's gear list
Fujifilm X70 Fujifilm X-E2S Voigtlander 40mm F1.4 Nokton Classic Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm X100V +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow