Sony A7 III colours - advise for PP?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Brzda Regular Member • Posts: 132
Sony A7 III colours - advise for PP?

Hi, I'm still new to my Sony A7III and I'd appreciate some advice on colours. This came out of my camera just a few days ago, export from LR with no adjustments, Camera Standard profile, Auto WB set in camera (LR shows 4150K / +39 tint). Unfortunately, I don't know how to share a RAW file, but to me these colours are awful. There is both green and magenta tint and I really don't know how I happened to get such colours and how to fix it in post. The scene surely didn't look like this.

WB adjustment in LR didn't do much good so my best guess so far was to do the following in HSL:

1. decrease green luminance (makes the grasses less blown out)
  2. desaturate both magenta and purple (gets rid of these two from the bark)

But overall it still doesn't make for pleasing colours to complement the composition. Maybe it shouldn't be fixed but rather approached more creatively in terms of the colours?

Would anyone please suggest how to approach this in post?

Brzda's gear list:Brzda's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G Nikon 85mm F1.8G +4 more
Sony a7 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow