Sony to Canon?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ajamils1
OP ajamils1 Senior Member • Posts: 2,035
Re: Collecting vs consolidating

Andy David wrote:

ajamils1 wrote:

Dan_168 wrote:

For me I actually don't want to keep the Sony system, only because of the Zeiss Loxia and Voigtlander primes so I will keep one. after 6 long years I still don[t care for the Sony ergo, even with the 7rIV. but have to say Sony sensor is top notch so I will put up with it for now. actually I am seriously thinking to get a Z7 II so I can use those E-mount lenses on it and get rid of the 7r IV.

Multi-system does not work for me. I tried it before and I just get confusing as to what t take on trips and where to spend money. Not to mention the extra amount of money tied up.

As for Sony system, I agree with you. having owned A7, A7II, A7rII, A7rIII, A9 and A9II, I never felt completely happy with the camera bodies. In contrast, I tried Z7 for few weeks and loved the ergos, menus and touchscreen operations but at that point the AF wasn't up to task and lenses were not available so I never switched.

Assuming the Z7II AF has improved, I like your idea about using it for E-mount lenses but then again, you are investing in multiple systems.

I've hit the point where I no longer see the benefit of collecting different types of cameras. They depreciate over time, and I've lost a lot of money on cameras I rarely used.

Its the reason I bought the R5. It does everything well and there are many used EF lens that work with it if I need them. I was able to sell my other cameras, but an 'expensive' R5 and I still had a lot of money left over. I sold my lenses, some duplicates (a couple kit lenses needed for each extra body), and I have even more left over.

I kept a 70-200 EF lens, bought a 24-105, and ordered an 85 macro. That is enough for me instead of the 7 or 8 lenses I had before.

And I can still do more that I could before and I have the one body that felt the best in my hands.

Totally agree with you. I've been guilty of lens hording. Whenever I switched systems, I started with couple of lenses but soon I ended up with too many lenses which were never used.

This time I'm planning on just sticking with R5, 24-240, 85 and maybe one long zoom for wildlife.

ajamils1's gear list:ajamils1's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Sigma 135mm F1.8 Art Sigma 60-600mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow