Sony A6400 - a couple of queries before possible purchase

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
simpix
simpix Regular Member • Posts: 448
Re: Sony A6400 - a couple of queries before possible purchase

21tones wrote:

I'm thinking of getting the A6400 to complement my A7ii and benefit from more reach with the same lenses and the real time tracking. Two things I can't seem to find answers to are

1. Does using zebras at 109+ result in a true clipping point for RAW exposures the same way it has been reported for the A7Riii?

2. Is it possible to set something up to get straight to exposure compensation without having to press a button beforehand? I can see how to press the bottom part of the 4 way selector then rotate a dial, or programme a custom button then rotate a dial, but this 2 step process is not ideal, as I use exposure compensation all the time

Thanks in advance of any replies

You can set the rear wheel of the A6400 to offer permanent Exposure Compensation if you wish.

On mine, I have the rear wheel as Exp Comp and the top dial as Aperture change....

To set:

Menu 2 (movie 1) page 9/9

second line: Dial/Wheel Ev Comp giving a choice: "off"..."wheel" or "dial".

Voila!!....a simple 1 step process, allowing easy control with your thumb as you look through the evf whilst composing your image.

I can't help with Zebras....I don't use them.

simpix's gear list:simpix's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony a6400 Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Tamron 28-200mm F2.8-5.6
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow