Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 pancake?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
thunder storm Senior Member • Posts: 6,052
Re: Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 pancake?

SteveinLouisville wrote:

Dan W wrote:

Jx9 wrote:

https://www.canonwatch.com/upcoming-canon-rf-50mm-f-1-8-stm-lens-shows-up-at-certification-authority/

This is the lens I'm still waiting for. Based on the patent, it looks to be about 1.2" (vs the 40mm pancake that's 0.9"). I wonder if they're delaying it due to the loss in sales of the 50 1.2 that'll most definitely happen to some degree. I mean, I'd consider getting the 50 1.2 right now if there was no 1.8 pancake rumor.

The 1.2 is large, expensive and awesome. Pancakes have the advantage of small, light and cheap but also at a f2.8, slow by comparison. Never heard of a 1.8 pancake but who knows, I never heard of a f2.0 zoom either and canon did it with there 28-70...

My little 40mm pancake is sharp as a pin. Amazing value for such high quality optics. I haven't seen any testing, but I would guess the pancake is as sharp as the 2.8L zoom at 2.8. It's that good.

That is just a lovely picture.

-- hide signature --

EF glass = bang for my buck

thunder storm's gear list:thunder storm's gear list
Canon EOS M50 Canon EOS R Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 35-80mm f/4.0-5.6 III Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Jx9
Jx9
Jx9
Jx9
Jx9
Jx9
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow