Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
rrc1967 Senior Member • Posts: 1,833
Re: Canon M6 Mark II, third party E-TTL flash compatibility

R2D2 wrote:

rrc1967 wrote:

Dimi Koan wrote:

geru wrote:

Dimi Koan wrote:

I have Godox TT685C and it works great with EOS 200D / SL2. Now I'm planning to buy M6 Mark II. Will it work?

Yes....

Looks like uncertain answer.

In fact, I'm asking, because I know that in their recent APS-C DSLR Canon got rid of central contact on hot shoe. It looks like there is the central contact on M6 Mark II, but maybe they disabled the functionality some other way.

So, is there anybody here who tried a third party flash on this camera.

that's tin foil hat wearing at it's best. the center pin isn't necessary on an E-TTL flash.

Right. Except that I shoot with full manual flash power, and have the hotshoe's flash communication pins taped off in order to speed up flash response. Thus there's no pesky flash communication delay before flash firing. Plus I can shoot flash at a full 14 FPS! Very handy.

can't you just turn your flash off E-TTL and do the same?

Godox flash works with the M6 Mark II. I have the smaller tt350c and it works just fine.

+1 I have the Adorama Flashpoint Zoom Mini (Godox tt350c) and it works perfectly (with communication or without). Likewise my Nissin i40. These two flashes balance very well on the M6ii. All of my Canon flashes have full functionality too.

R2

the tt350c's are so tiny too.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow