Migration from Lightroom to iCloud

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Andy Hewitt Veteran Member • Posts: 4,294
Re: Migration from Lightroom to iCloud

amarokWPcom wrote:

Andy Hewitt wrote:

• I exported all my photos from Adobe Lightroom Classic and imported them via XCR card of my Nikon to the iPad.

That seem like an unnecessary process, you could have just imported the Classic master files (if you’d saved xml sidecar files too, it would also have transferred any keywords too).

I mean XQD 🙈 I didn't found another way to import them.

USB adapter, plug in an external hard drive is a way. I do still have my iMac, so I actually did the donkey work on that, uploaded to iCloud, then allowed it to sync to my devices.

You could also place them onto the iCloud Drive, and copy from there.

• I installed Afinity Photo to work out my panorama and HDR
  • I installed Hash Photos to organize my photos.

That’s interesting, how does Hash work in the workflow?

I use Hash to create smart albums and search for duplicates and similar.

Ok, that’s not what I meant by workflow. However, I’ve downloaded it anyway, and after only a short time using it, it’s apparent it does offer much of what’s missing in Photos, so thanks for the pointer. I’ve even already paid the upgrade price for it.

Sorry, but no idea on the HDR issue, it’s not very clear what your process is.

-- hide signature --

Andy H

Andy Hewitt's gear list:Andy Hewitt's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow