Dolica tripod not holding camera in set position?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Flycaster
OP Flycaster Senior Member • Posts: 1,444
Re: Dolica tripod not holding camera in set position?

Richard B99 wrote:

Flycaster wrote:

Richard B99 wrote:

Unfortunately, you have taken the typical path. 😔

Try this: https://www.dslrbodies.com/accessories/camera-accessories/tripod-101.html

Maybe not. See my post below.

Yes, noted. However, having to centre the weight on the head for such a small camera like the FZ1000 weighing in around less than a pound when the lens is extended the relatively short distance it goes just really shouldn’t be necessary or acceptable. Particularly for a tripod that claims a 15lb load limit.

A short term fix maybe but it wouldn’t be filling me with much confidence as permanent approach! Good luck nonetheless.

Thanks for your response, but I must clear up a few things.  The camera weights in at 1.83 pounds.  Extending the lens barrel does throw the camera off balance...changes center of gravity. With the camera now set at a "better" center of gravity on the tripod, it is fully  and correctly balanced so that the ballhead definitely holds any set position with the tele fully engaged. Thus, I withdraw my faulting its "holding" capacity.  It may not be the best for a professionals or high amateurs that have many cameras, but it certainly does a good job for my FZ1000 as far as I am concerned...it is not a "you get what you pay for" tripod.

Flycaster's gear list:Flycaster's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD850 IS Olympus Tough TG-2 Panasonic FZ1000
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow