Would you trade a 6D for a m5?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jotoco Forum Member • Posts: 56
Would you trade a 6D for a m5?

I am an event and portrait photographer,  I work events with 2 bodies.  I currently have an m50 and a 6D.

I have a problem that going from mirrorless to DSLR constantly is a bit confusing and I have totally missed exposure on the 6D because I forget that what I see is not what I get.

Now,  I really like the 6D. I love the size and grip, the image quality is great and  the m50 is waaay to small to comfortably use for hours at a time.  My hands get cramped. I bought a grip but am getting used to it.  Also I always want more dials.

This dual nature is very difficult and mirrorless are the future,  plus i love DPAF. I would love to upgrade to an R or RP, but with prices in Brazil this is not realistic for a long time.

There is one used m5 for sale for a very cheap price,  pratically the same price as my 6D is worth. I also forgot to mention i have a speed booster so I can get full use of my full frame lenses either way.

Would I regret this? Something is telling me to do it,  but I have doubts if this is the best course of action.  Any input is welcome.

Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow