Sony Prime Lens

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
BBbuilder467 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,879
Re: Sony Prime Lens

Jonathanlim wrote:

Hello fellow photographer! I need help deciding what prime lens to buy.

I am currently using A7III with FE2470GM. I used to have fe1635f4, fe35f18 and fe85f18 before I sold them all and switched to my GM lens.

The reason I switched to GM lens is because I am getting sick and tired of switching the lenses. FE2470GM is a sharp lens and its so versatile. But now the size and the weight is starting to tear me down as I have 1 year old son and I will have a 2nd child on the way. The amount of stuff that I need to carry by having a child is a lot and in a few months I will have to carry more stuff.

So with a heavy heart I'm thinking about selling my GM lens for 2 Prime lens and I need your opinion on which prime lens to get.

My options are fe20mmf18, fe28mmf2, fe35mmf18, fe55mmf18 and fe85mmf18.

My questions are;

1. If you have to pick 2 lenses, which one that you would pick and why?

2. If you have to pick only 1 lens, which one would you prefer?

3. Is it a dumb move to trade my FE2470GM for a Brand New FE24GM? (straight trade and not getting any money back)

Thank you so much for reading and giving your valuable opinions.

Best wishes!

I've always felt that 50mm to 55mm in FF was the most versatile prime. That was basically the kit lens with film. You learned to do everything with it.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow