An update on my "Heavy Rig"

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Brian Wadie
OP Brian Wadie Forum Pro • Posts: 10,387
Re: new bits

"LOL that made me laugh!.

Have fun Brian.

When I broke my leg in a cycling accident I was able ride my motorbike before I could drive the car and everyone thought I was mental. Except my surgeon who said do what is comfortable. It did look funny having the crutches fastened to the bike though"

Good man, I can relate to that, nearly 60 years ago I was wiped out by a Humber Super Hawk made a great impression on me and damned near killed me when he drove right through me on my little BSA Bantam. Smashed the gear box with my ankle, drove my knee into the tank so hard it collapsed down to the spine (it also separated my knee joint into two, broke my back and a few other tasty bits. ) "We can maybe save you live but the leg has to go became we can save the leg too but you will never walk again etc. " 18 months later I was walking with a stick and needed a new bike, BSA Gold Star didn't work (I kept putting the wrong foot down, ending up pinned under the bike) so I got a motorcycle and side car - Vincent Black Shadow + racing shell sidecar. The stick fitted in there nicely I held the unofficial record from the bottom of Reigate Hill to Brighton Marina Drive 17 minutes well it was 02.00 and we had no speed limits in those days

-- hide signature --

So much to learn, so little time left to do it!

Brian Wadie's gear list:Brian Wadie's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow