Capture one, moving my *.cosessiondb files?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dan W Regular Member • Posts: 316
Capture one, moving my *.cosessiondb files?

I work on a iMac and external HD for all my photo work. I've only done a few dozen sessions so far.

I organize my files by year/month/session name on my HD. So I have the pemade Capture, Selects, Output and Trash folders, I make a session name with date like "2020 Oct Jane doe" I have been saving the *.cosessiondb file inside the month folder when it was shot when I make a new session.

I'm rethinking this choice, I think it would make more sense as time goes by and I have a good size collection of cosessiondb files to store all them in one folder like a folder called "Capture one Sessions" on the root on my pictures HD. I would like to keep my pictures where they are but just relocate the database file.

I tried just moving the cosessiondb file to a new folder as described above and rebooting C1 and going to FILE, OPEN then select the cosessiondb file in the new location. It doesn't like that, it can't find my image files.

Any suggestions? I've googled this to death and can't find anything that explains exactly what I'm trying to do.

Thanks for any help?

Dan W's gear list:Dan W's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon RF 50mm F1.2L USM Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow