An update on my "Heavy Rig"

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Moggi1964
Moggi1964 Regular Member • Posts: 244
Re: new bits

Brian Wadie wrote:

Moggi1964 wrote:

This incoming storm should whip up some surf this weekend I would think.

Be careful though, you must still be in the recovery phase I suspect.

Looking forward to seeing some images. The Robin has attitude don't you think

enough with the worry, you sound like my wife (and a lot of our surfing "family" ) I am old and ugly enough to know how hard to push my recovery and my wife has told me she will kill me if I over do it! ) You cannot imaging the joy of finally getting back on the beach to do this

I plan an hour session tomorrow and have now located a remote controlled gimbal which if I'm lucky, will let me shoot remotely from inside my car (which has been the plan for the "Heavy Rig" ) - watch this space

(one real pleasure is introducing others into this subject and coaching them in the techniques, one of my "Young Apprentices" (72 years old is young to me ) is now producing some really high quality work to add to the site, so its all great news at the moment )

As an aside, my surgeon is a very long term friend and is fully behind my recovery plans, to the extent he connived with me to get out of hospital within 4 days instead of the usual 2 - 4 weeks! (I've a long past history of high level competitive sport so although my body is now wrecked from abuse my healing system still works very well )

Robin is one of a line of Robins who frequent our garden for the last 20 years or so, they are all cheeky little devils so make great subjects

LOL that made me laugh!.

Have fun Brian.

When I broke my leg in a cycling accident I was able ride my motorbike before I could drive the car and everyone thought I was mental. Except my surgeon who said do what is comfortable. It did look funny having the crutches fastened to the bike though 

Moggi1964's gear list:Moggi1964's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Samsung Galaxy S10+ +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow