Super-telephotos for the R5

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Tazz93
Tazz93 Senior Member • Posts: 2,634
Re: Super-telephotos for the R5 - 600 f4 mk2

an_also wrote:

Bogibbes wrote:

I decided to go with the 500 f4 II and bought one from Lens Authority. It's scheduled to be delivered today! The condition of the glass was listed as "Exceptional".

I'm super stoked for it to arrive and give it a workout right away. I'm hoping to photograph some bull moose tomorrow morning with it. I'll post the results and my thoughts once I'm able to check it out!

Awesome, congrats.

You wont regret it. TBH, I don't know if the RF version will be worth the markup it'll have price wise. The 500 II is such an incredible lens already.

Which part of the world are you shooting Bull Moose? We just the rut here in Ontario Canada. I always love seeing them in the Fall.

Great Instagram BTW! Just gave you a follow.

Agreed, although I would have waited... I can't honestly say that I expect the RF lens to be significantly better. I think you are relatively safe, but you'll DEFINITELY love the lens if it is as advertised.

-- hide signature --

Mike Jackson - Wildlife Photography Enthusiast
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mj_flickr/

Tazz93's gear list:Tazz93's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5DS Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow