An update on my "Heavy Rig"

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Brian Wadie
OP Brian Wadie Forum Pro • Posts: 10,387
Re: new bits

Moggi1964 wrote:

This incoming storm should whip up some surf this weekend I would think.

Be careful though, you must still be in the recovery phase I suspect.

Looking forward to seeing some images. The Robin has attitude don't you think

enough with the worry, you sound like my wife (and a lot of our surfing "family" ) I am old and ugly enough to know how hard to push my recovery and my wife has told me she will kill me if I over do it! ) You cannot imaging the joy of finally getting back on the beach to do this

I plan an hour session tomorrow and have now located a remote controlled gimbal which if I'm lucky, will let me shoot remotely from inside my car (which has been the plan for the "Heavy Rig" ) - watch this space

(one real pleasure is introducing others into this subject and coaching them in the techniques, one of my "Young Apprentices" (72 years old is young to me ) is now producing some really high quality work to add to the site, so its all great news at the moment )

As an aside, my surgeon is a very long term friend and is fully behind my recovery plans, to the extent he connived with me to get out of hospital within 4 days instead of the usual 2 - 4 weeks! (I've a long past history of high level competitive sport so although my body is now wrecked from abuse my healing system still works very well )

Robin is one of a line of Robins who frequent our garden for the last 20 years or so, they are all cheeky little devils so make great subjects

-- hide signature --

So much to learn, so little time left to do it!

Brian Wadie's gear list:Brian Wadie's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow