X-T1 to X-T4 Upgrade - Best General Purpose Lens

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PaulH74 New Member • Posts: 2
X-T1 to X-T4 Upgrade - Best General Purpose Lens

I currently have an X-T1 and am thinking about upgrading to an X-T4. I currently have two lenses, the 18-55 f/2.8-4.0 LM OIS kit lens that came with the camera and the 55-200 f/3.5-4.8 LM OIS. The 55-200 takes fantastic pictures and the 18-55 is generally pretty good, but just not quite as sharp.

I was thinking about "upgrading" the 18-55 to the 16-55 f/2.8 LM WR but I'm a little worried about the lack of OIS. I generally don't carry a tripod, so the low-light advantage of OIS has been pretty handy. So my question is, would the on-camera IS in the X-T4 in combination with the 16-55 non-OIS give similar low-light performance (especially with f/2.8 across the range) to the 18-55 OIS on the X-T1, and therefore make a good general purpose lens.

I don't really want to have to carry a third lens around, so that's not a practical option for me.

Thanks for you help,

Paul

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow