Shutter-Release Button AE-L FPS effects

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Carlo86 New Member • Posts: 2
Shutter-Release Button AE-L FPS effects

Hello,

I tried searching the archives but didn't find anything laid out clearly...so I was browsing the webs on the Z bodies and discovered to my surprise that the highest FPS (12 or 14 I think it was for the Z6) in AF-C mode can only be achieved when locking the exposure.

So I wondered if can use the same approach with my old DSLR-s, namely D810 and D610, to churn out a bit more frames per second when shooting sports.

The setting to auto-lock exposure is probably the one from the "custom settings" menu c1: Shutter-Release Button AE-L.

I tried it out also...but couldn't really notice any real difference in the rate of cliking. For sports I usually use AF-C release prio, 12 bit RAW, D9, ADL low, vignetting and NR also on low.

Any thoughts? Thanks

Carlo86's gear list:Carlo86's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 600mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D610 Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow