using C1 as an external editor?

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
timoteotresgatos Forum Member • Posts: 76
using C1 as an external editor?

I've been using C1 for several years now and have had constant problems with it. Editing photos works great. Everything else - searching, organizing, etc. - causes lock-ups and crashes on a regular basis.

I've thought about using real DAM software (Photo Mechanic or others) and using C1 as an external editor. That way I only have to use the "destroying monster" (C1) for editing photos. No navigating, searching, browsing in C1.
So far I have found no way to do this. If I open a file from the Windows File Manager in C1 by clicking on the file and and selecting Open With->Capture One, Capture One opens and tries to import the file. The file is already in C1 - I just want to open it. I also tried editing a photo in C1 from a demo version of Photo Mechanic (select the image in PM and then tell PM to edit the file in an external application) and C1 does the same thing - it opens the import dialog and wants to import the file.

Has anyone found a way to use C1 as an external editor from a another program?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow