Plate for an A7R III

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Mike Fewster Veteran Member • Posts: 8,037
Re: Plate for an A7R III. Smallrig and Peak Design Connectors

Nusratty wrote:

Smallrig do one for the RIII. I use one on my A7III, no need to remove battery door and the allen key for bracket removal\install is magnetically held in the base which i like. Also the L part of the bracket is adjustable, but I do have a slight problem plugging a remote in the micro usb port. Havent tried using the usb-c port yet

I use the Smallrig with the A7R3 and it is great. I attach the Peak Design connectors, one to the lug on the camera, the other to the Smallrig base. This allows the camera with the 24-105, my most used lens, to hang with the lens angling in towards me which feels like the most secure way to carry that camera/lens combo on a strap. The connectors allow fast removal of the strap when I don't want it in the way. The Smallrig gives fast horizontal or vertical locking to an arca plate that stays on my tripod head. The build of the smallrig is excellent, it's much cheaper than the RRS and you dont have to change the battery door.

-- hide signature --

Mike Fewster
Adelaide Australia

Mike Fewster's gear list:Mike Fewster's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony a7R II Sony a7R III
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow