Screws for Metabones smart adapter mark v Canon mount

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
E Dinkla Senior Member • Posts: 2,191
Re: Screws for Metabones smart adapter mark v Canon mount

Tom Caldwell wrote:

VLreviews wrote:

Tom Caldwell wrote:

I think that Ernsts M4 is probably correct - my vernier calipers said 3.8mm - but I might have had them over-tight when measuring. There is no doubt that the “HUA 10.9” refers to the actual screw thread length (add the countersunk head).

No, the 10.9 refers to the strength class: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screw#Mechanical_classifications

With your measures, this is most likely a custom M4 machine screw with length 13.5. In that case, an M4x13 should fit fine. The more typical strength class is 8.8, so you might need to search a bit for one in 10.9 (higher strength).

Thanks for that - appreciated. The actual thread only length (portion) I measured was 10.9mm - it must have been the co-incidence that guided me ... It did surprise a little as it did not include the depth of the countersunk screw head.

The screw thread length is like you write, Total length with head included 14mm though on the samples I have. There will be about 1mm depth left in the holes with the total mounted. Measured that with a longer M4 screw.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst
No photographer's gear list is complete without the printer mentioned !

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow