Best RAW Converters For AMD GPU? Adobe Is No Good

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Batdude
Batdude Veteran Member • Posts: 4,893
Best RAW Converters For AMD GPU? Adobe Is No Good

I just had a brand new Ryzen system built for me and during the recent weeks that I was gathering all the parts needed I ran across a TON of information regarding how Adobe has really poor GPU support. For that reason I ended up getting a used inexpensive GPU. I am also finding information in forums saying that Adobe doesn't like AMD GPU and that they tend to freeze. This is simply unacceptable, specially because AMD is coming out with awesome GPUs in a few weeks.

I've been paying for Lightroom Classic subscription for around two years now but if there was a much better product out there that takes full advantage of my new Ryzen 3900X AND the GPU then I would be happy to leave Adobe.

Heck, even if the software took full advantage of ONLY the CPU I would be happy with that. I feel that Adobe is simply not optimized for this sort of stuff and they are really behind in speed performance. I feel like Adobe is like Pentax when it comes to performance. Pretty sad.

What do you guys recommend based on hand on experience?

Batdude's gear list:Batdude's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D4 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +8 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow