Super-telephotos for the R5

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
an_also
an_also Contributing Member • Posts: 542
Re: Super-telephotos for the R5

Bogibbes wrote:

an_also wrote:

You might also consider something like the 400 F4 DO II because it doesn’t seem like that lens will be released in a RF mount anytime soon or ever. If that happens to be the case a EF lens like that could hold its value better since there are no alternatives to it. (in my mind the 400 DO II is the best combination of reach, image quality and portability ever made in a tele lens)

I hadn't given it much though, I'll have to circle back on it; I think I would miss the extra reach of the 500, though.

If you liked the FOV of the 200 f2 + 1.4tc on your Fuji then the 400 DO II is pretty much the same focal length.

At the end of the day it’ll probably come down to what you want to shoot. I find the 400mm good for mammals. I don’t really shoot much birds.

you should also consider getting a good used copy of whichever lens you get. Lots of good deals to be had and you won’t have to worry too much about losing a lot of value if the ef prices drop.

-- hide signature --

My wildlife photography:
https://www.instagram.com/anand_iyer/

an_also's gear list:an_also's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 400mm F4 DO IS II USM Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EOS 6D Canon Extender EF 1.4x III +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow