Konica C35 FD / Konica S3 Auto metering question

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
biggles266 Senior Member • Posts: 1,288
Konica C35 FD / Konica S3 Auto metering question

I just got a Konica C35 FD in beautiful condition for our anniversary, after many months of enjoying researching and choosing which rangefinder model most suited.

The meter is working (when the lens cap is off you can see it move depending on the light), but when I then half-press the shutter, it raises the meter needle every time by another 3 or 4 mm which is about half a stop (i.e. it adds underexposure). This movement also happens when the lens cap is on and the meter is at its default position at the bottom, so seems to perhaps be more of a mechanical thing rather than a meter change.

Has anyone seen this before? Is it normal? Which is the actual correct value according to the camera, and which value will the camera actually use for its exposure - the one the meter reads before the shutter button alters it, or the new one after the shutter button moves the needle up slightly? Do I ignore that movement, or is the half-pressed shutter reading the more correct one?

Thanks.

biggles266's gear list:biggles266's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS M50 Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow