Screen going black when using Thunderbird

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Austinian
MOD Austinian Forum Pro • Posts: 10,652
Re: Screen going black when using Thunderbird

skyglider wrote:

sshapiro wrote:

Check under Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced and see if you have hardware acceleration enabled. Having that on sometimes causes problems.

Good thought. In my copy of Tbird it's under Tools > Options > General. Hardware acceleration is on and one that I wasn't aware of "Enable global search indexer" is on. I'll see if my black blinking happens again and if it does, I'll turn both off and see what happens.

A thought that just occurred to me is that we've had two momentary power failures in the past week or so, before my Tbird black blinking problems. We're having a lot of rain lately with threats of thunder storms, though the thunder storms have not happened in our area. Wonder if coincidentally there were momentary drops in a/c voltage, not outages, that coincidentally happened while I was composing email in Tbird. Weather is clearing up now so hopefully that will help.

Thanks for your input,
Sky

Having a UPS with automatic voltage regulation is worth considering, especially if your AC power is erratic.

Austinian's gear list:Austinian's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony a7R IV Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC Sony FE 50mm F2.8 Macro Sony FE 24-105mm F4 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow