Panasonic G9 Movie focus mode help needed...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
steve ohlhaber Regular Member • Posts: 478
Panasonic G9 Movie focus mode help needed...

I have a Panasonic G9 and I want to take pictures with focus mode in spot mode, but video i want to use many af sensors in the general middle zone. I notice that when i use the Movie record button, i get stuck with whatever focus mode the picture has going on. Is there a way to set up the movie record button to always always use the same focus method no matter what. What is the trick here?

The best I have come up with so far is to create custom functions and if i want to shoot a video clip, i switch to a different custom mode that has that focus method before hitting the video record button. That is ridiculous obviously, but i dont see anything in the menu that allows me to set the focus mode for video that differs from whatever stills use. Is there a trick so I dont have to do multiple button selections for something so obvious as focus styles for video vs photo?

Steve

Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow