Purchasing a used D500

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Franksauto New Member • Posts: 22
Purchasing a used D500

Hello all. This is my first time posting. Been lurking the forum for a while but now its time. LOL

I'm new at photography (about a year) and green as can be but know enough to buy good equipment the first time. I currently own a D750 and absolutely love it. Also have a D810 but i like the D750 better. My wife has a D7200 and I also really like that one.

I really want to get into wildlife photography and was leaning towards a used D500. First off I missed out on a couple smoking deals this past week because I've been too busy to meet or return emails. Anyway another deal came up. The camera is in very good functioning and cosmetic condition. My only concern is the shutter has 160,000 clicks.

The seller seems genuine and assured me that the camera works flawless. He said I can bring my lenses and test before I buy.

His asking price was $600 due to shutter count. No box or manual which I wouldn't expect but charger and battery. Hes buying a new camera and offered it to me for $450 for quick sale. I have agreed to buy it and am supposed to meet him tomorrow evening. I haven't even heard of a parts camera for $450?

I'm thinking this is a perfect deal for me to try it out and see if I like the D500. It would cost me over $200 to rent one for a week.

Any thoughts of what I should look for and if I should in fact buy it?  Nervous about the shutter count but $450????

Thanks in advance.

Nikon D500 Nikon D7200 Nikon D750 Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow