Dolica tripod not holding camera in set position?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
robgendreau Veteran Member • Posts: 7,812
Re: Dolica tripod not holding camera in set position?

Leica Eye wrote:

Flycaster wrote:

I have the Dolica Proline GX650B204 tripod (https://www.amazon.com/Dolica-GX600B200-Proline-60-Inch-Aluminum-dp-B004XC3GZW/dp/B004XC3GWU/ref=dp_ob_title_ce?th=1). I am having a problem getting the camera to stay in position when the lens barrel of my FZ1000 is extended. With the camera positioned on target, tightening the proper knob as much as I can, the camera will still slip down a little bit off target. However, when the lens barrel is not fully extended, the camera will stay in position. I'm just an amateur enthusiast and know this wouldn't be a problem with a professional tripod, but I felt this tripod would be good enough for me. Anyway of getting the tripod's head to hold the camera in its set position? Or, am I facing the "you get what you pay for" situation? Thanks.

It's the type a conundrum many of us have faced, after trying to make do with many a cheaper product, I've realized that cheaper does actually work out more expensive.. Did you try the tripod with your camera before you purchased? if you purchased online, you may well be able to return & get refund.. L

Yeah, not a very good ballhead on that tripod I guess. You could remove it and buy a new, better ballhead since the legs seem OK.

Some cheaper ballheads sometimes have lube on them that just exacerbates the issue, so maybe if that's removed. Or some other method of increasing the friction and grip of the mechanism.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow