Dove and the long lens!

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
1Dx4me Veteran Member • Posts: 9,933
Dove and the long lens!

for a while, i wanted to test my canon 100-400 II+TC 2.0x III to see if that combo can produce decent shots. so a few days ago, on a cloudy day, i was standing on my porch and noticed this pretty dove landed on this tree branch. so i ran inside and grabbed my camera, which already had the canon 100-400 II and TC 2.0x III combination mounted and ready. i came out and this nice bird gave me a few seconds to shoot his portrait. however, all of a sudden i noticed that due to f8.0 dslr limitation (the combination goes to f11.0), i had to manual focus in a split second before the bird would take off, thankfully doves are not as skittish!and as the small bird.

as you can see in the EXIF info., the shutter speed is 1/60sec. i have worked on my handholding the camera techniques quite a lot over time and shooting with a long lens without a tripod is difficult. even breathing technique comes in the calculation, especially when the lens has 800mm length. photography can be a lot of fun, especially when you are tired

any constructive comment is appreciated:

-- hide signature --

if you look at God real close and for very long, you'll find defects!!!

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow