Topaz AI system disk bloat.

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Redcrown Senior Member • Posts: 1,732
Topaz AI system disk bloat.

While chasing down some bloat on my Windows 10 system I discovered some significant duplication of Topaz AI plugins. On my system drive I had two separate Topaz Program folders. One was named "Topaz Labs LLC" and the other was just "Topaz Labs". Plus, in the Control Panel Programs and Features, DenoiseAI, SharpenAI, and MaskAI were each duplicated.

It became obvious that the "Topaz Labs LLC" folder was the active one, and the folder named just "Topaz Labs" was redundant. That redundant folder (old versions) had over 5GB! So, I uninstalled the redundant/old versions and these redundant folders disappeared.

However, then none of the Topaz AI programs appeared as plugins in my 2020 and 2021 versions of Photoshop. The stand alone versions still worked. Topaz uses a confusing and non-standard method of adding plugins to Photoshop (via shortcuts and *.lnk files). Uninstalling the redundant/old versions apparently wiped out the plugin links.

While trying to solve this problem I ran the standalones and noticed a "Reinstall Photoshop Plugins" under the Help menu. That worked and now all is good. 5GB of system disk saved.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow