Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 pancake?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
PicPocket Veteran Member • Posts: 4,129
Re: Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 pancake?

tkbslc wrote:

Maybe they realize that hardly any 50mm primes have stabilization and most people don't have a huge problem maintaining 1/60 shutter speeds with an f1.8 aperture available.

But there are wider lenses like 35 1.8 that defeat that logic

Maximize R5/6 sales? Nobody is buying a super expensive camera just to stabilize a cheapo lens.

I use both cheap and expensive lenses. Works fine for the right use case. Not every lens I want needs to be thousands of dollars. Though, I agree that this can't be the strategy to sell more R5/6. That would be very shortsighted in an industry where lens roadmaps are planned for the long run

For the entire 30+ year history of the EOS SLR system, from 1987 to today, there was not single stabilized 50mm lens option. How did we manage?

Same way we managed without electricity for thousands of years. Or more closer - without AF for decades

-- hide signature --
 PicPocket's gear list:PicPocket's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Jx9
Jx9
Jx9
Jx9
Jx9
Jx9
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow