Sony 24-105 f4 G vs. Sony 24-70 f2.8 GM... flickr bias

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Malling Regular Member • Posts: 151
Re: Sony 24-105 f4 G vs. Sony 24-70 f2.8 GM... flickr bias

I own the 24-70GM and it’s excellent for landscape and also have the benefit of being an excellent all purpose zoom lens that dos low light and portrait well. The biggest issue with the GM besides it’s rather hefty price, is that it’s not particularly light, so if size and weight is important to you the 24-105 might be a better solution, what I can say is that back when I tried it I didn’t  found the IQ to be nearly as good as the GM so I opted against it as I use my lens for so many different task. but for most who doesn’t need 2.8 the extra reach might be a selling point, for me I already had the 70-200 so I where already covered and would strongly recommend getting the 70-200 for landscape or alternative the 100-400 (Sigma or Sony) if you do get the 24-105, Telephoto zoom are just great for landscape!

would I get a GM in 2020 probably not, as the Sigma 24-70 is almost on pair and is allot cheaper, slightly smaller and lighter compared  to the GM and has newer technology. I kind of expect the GM to be updated soon so I’m not sure it’s the right time to get one unless you can find it used.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow