Workout for the R (3 sports, 6 games, 4,000 photos in 30 hours)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dspmax Regular Member • Posts: 477
Workout for the R (3 sports, 6 games, 4,000 photos in 30 hours)

I've been a happy user of the Canon EOS R for over a year now. I'm not a professional, but a parent of two girls, who several sports. I bought the R to upgrade from an aging 5D MK2, and what a difference it made. I wanted to share about a workout that my R had this past weekend. My daughters had a marathon of events, including a Lacrosse, Flag Football, and Soccer and I had the opportunity to capture many key moments. We had to go from game to game, with no opportunity to charge batteries/unload memory card. To sum up the weekend, I made a slideshow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRPMUDF79EQ, first few seconds show me "at work"

After the volume of photos, I am anticipating that I'm probably either approaching or already past the shutter life of the R. I want to get the R5 as an upgrade, but with stock shortages, if my R fails, I might just get another R!

Equipment: R, RF 70-200, Lightroom Classic post-process

Some highlights:

dspmax's gear list:dspmax's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM +2 more
Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow